What is EPIC-HUB
The focus of EPIC-HUB project is combining the Energy-Hub approach with the development of a fully-interoperable Middleware solution. Such approach will allow Facility and Neighbourhood Managers to tackle energy efficiency, self-generation, emissions reduction, and exploit the excess energy generated and the unused / unshared storage potential often available at the neighbourhood community level.
- Integrate the Analysis and Management of the Energy Carriers
- Optimize the Energy Flows in aggregated way
- Simulate and Plan the Energy Behaviour for Neighbourhood Planning
Middleware and Services
EPIC-HUB Middleware aims to define a technological solution for different markets demands. In fact EPIC-HUB focuses on the integration and interoperability of the existing ICT systems overcoming the problems related to different formats of data,reporting schedules, communication protocols, etc.
Through the energy-hub model, EPIC-HUB middleware enables the development of dedicated services for the integration of multi-domain and multi-energy carrier resources in a neighbourhood environment featuring:
- Energy Planning and Energy Management Servuces
- E-Trading Platform to manage local energy sources
- Cloud-based service enabling real-time analytics of consumption data